Score International Conference on Organizing Markets
October 16-17, 2014 Venue: Stockholm School of Economics, Sveavägen 65, Stockholm, Sweden
There is an increasing interest in analyzing markets as organized phenomena. In order to discuss and to develop this approach we invite to the Score International Conference on Organizing Markets that will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, on October 16-17, 2014.
Keynote speaker: Neil Fligstein, University of California, Berkeley
We invite papers to be presented and discussed in sessions on aspects of market organization such as the role of organization in creating markets, how markets are re-organized, the organizing attempts of various market organizers and the effects of market organization. Both empirical and theoretical papers are welcome.
- From free markets to pure markets
- Value conflicts in market organization
- Market legitimacy: Transparency, measurability, accountability
- Crises, markets and organization
- Standardization as market organization
- “Side markets” – new markets as a response to market failure
Abstracts are due March 31, 2014. Full papers are due September 15.
Nils Brunsson Christina Garsten Patrik Aspers
May 27, 2014
Page editor: Ann Linders